Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Hamper Hassles


Many college students these days have invested in some sort of laundry basket or hamper. Most everyone would prefer to have some other storage device besides the floor. I invested in a pink, pop-up, rolling hamper for storing my dirty laundry. However, I am now regretting the decision. This so called storage device takes up almost half of my tiny closet in Calvert. Also I can't even throw all of my clothes in there because the sides will lean and get in the way of my wooden sliding door. Now, this is not because I have an excessive amount of clothing. I also wash my clothes almost every week, so there is not a large accumulation. I believe the leaning is simply the cause of faulty design. The metal wire that spirals through the nylon fabric is just not strong enough. I am a little upset by this because if I spend twenty dollars on something, I expect it to work properly. While the wheels are nice, I don't really believe they are necessary. There is also a strap that is a fine accessory, but not needed. I feel as though this product was a bit of a rip-off. If I were to look for a laundry storage device again, I would simply get one of the hanging mesh bags. They save space and are easy to carry from the dorm room to the laundry room. I hope my insights on hampers are useful and remember, keep it clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment